Corporate employee gifts
For many businesses, recruitment is a constant challenge. And with 79% of employees citing lack of appreciation as their reason for leaving a job, making sure your staff members know how much they’re valued may be more critical than ever.
Enter corporate employee gifts. According to a recent U.S. survey, the majority of employees said they prefer gifts over other tokens of appreciation. So it may not come as a surprise that in a 2019 4imprint® survey, two-thirds of organizations said they give staff gifts.
Melissa Memorial Hospital in Holyoke, Colorado, is one of those organizations. Each employee gets a gift to celebrate National Hospital Week. The hospital adds a bit of fun and suspense to the process—the gift itself is kept under wraps, so to speak, until distribution day.
“We have a big cart that we take around to all the departments,” Purchasing Director Kim O’Neill said. “Everyone is always really happy with the gifts.”
Top reasons to give employee gifts
- Holiday celebrations
- Organization meetings
- New hires/promotions
- Individual goal achievements
Melissa Memorial Hospital isn’t the only organization that considers holidays the perfect time to give employee gifts. According to our survey, holiday celebrations are the most common reason companies give staff gifts.
When new associates join the Select Employee Group in Mason, Ohio, they receive a short employee orientation, a bag full of credit union material and staff gifts on their first day before they start training.
One of the items—an IStand Phone Holder—is both a present and a show of support.
“Because the company is international, our people are constantly on the phone,” Lending and Promotions Manager Catherine Heffner said. “We want to remind them that when they have questions, all they have to do is pick up the phone, and someone will be there to help.”
According to the survey, every industry and organizations of all sizes share three common challenges when choosing corporate employee gifts:
1. Finding creative gift ideas
Two-thirds of respondents said finding a creative gift was their biggest challenge. Some ideas to try might include:
- Tie items to events: When your business reaches a major milestone or goal, give everyone a new jacket to celebrate your team’s accomplishments and help spread
- Get personal: For an employee anniversary, pair the gift with a note that thanks them for their specific contributions.
- Give something that will make their day better: Offering an item that simplifies staff life will always be appreciated. For example, employees will appreciate a compact umbrella that they can keep in their desk for unexpected inclement weather.
2. Staying within a budget
Although it may go without saying that those with a larger budget found it easier to find gifts, still, 25% of organizations with budgets of $100 or more per person struggled to locate the perfect item. Here are some ways to manage your budget:
- Remember it’s the thought that counts: A small gift and a handwritten thank-you note can show you care while keeping costs down.
- Know exactly what you can spend: With a total budget in mind, it will be easier to determine how much you can spend per employee, saving you time in gift selection.
3. Selecting something employees will like
More than one-third of organizations give gifts to all their staff members. Finding a gift everyone will like requires careful planning.
When buying gifts for a group, choosing a practical present your staff can use at home or the office can make it easier to find something for everyone. Melissa Memorial Hospital overcomes the challenge by finding a gift men and women will equally enjoy.
“We’re always trying to give something unisex that everyone can use,” O’Neill said. Most recently, it gave out a Master Trunk Organizer with Cooler, and have previously given away a Bluetooth® speaker—both of which were well-liked by its 150+ employees.
According to the survey, 85% of respondents give promotional products as gifts. See below which ones are offered the most often.
5 promotional product staff gifts businesses offer most often
- Technology products
Sharing staff gifts can be a great way to remind your employees how much you value them. And with every corporate employee gift you give, your employees are sure to appreciate you as well.
Ideas for corporate employee gifts your team will love!
Looking for more information about this topic? Email email@example.com with inquiries.