If you’re one of the many organizations already engaged in content marketing, you may be looking for some fresh ideas to get more eyes on the content you’re creating. This article offers five new ways to market your content, plus some promotional giveaway ideas to support your efforts.
According to the Content Marketing Institute®, content is one of the most effective ways to promote your business. Last year, 91% of B2B and 86% of B2C marketers used content marketing as a strategy to reach customers. And according to 72% of marketers, it increased engagement and lead generation. Keep reading to find out how to create a successful content campaign.
- Video: Video is a great way to stand out on social media. On Facebook®, for instance, video gets five times more engagement than posts containing just images. Try a vlog (video blog) in place of your next written blog post. Or post a how-to video next time you release a new product or service. Just remember, only 15% of viewers watch Facebook videos with the sound on. Use captions or subtitles to get your point across.
- Influencer marketing: Promote your content by developing relationships with influencers—people who have authority in your industry and are already talking about it. There are tools that can help you locate influencers in your industry. Check out Intellifluence or Followerwonk®. Reach out to influencers directly—via phone or personal email. Or drop a note in the mail. Include product samples or promotional giveaways, like PopSockets®. You can also attract their attention by linking to them in a blog or social post.
- Guest posting: Just because it is your content doesn’t mean it lives only on your site. Develop relationships with credible, industry-relevant sites and company pages. Comment on and interact with those pages to start building relationships. Once you’ve made yourself known, pitch that company or site with relevant blog posts. Get published and watch your audience grow. Be sure to thank your host for the post. A handwritten note and small gift, like a gadget stand or stylus key light, is a great way to say thanks.
- Infographics: Have you recently conducted a survey or other form of research? Consider publishing it in infographic format. According to the SEO gurus at Moz®, infographics are still one of the most-used formats for building brand awareness and backlinks. The visual nature of an infographic makes it the perfect vehicle for delivering research-related facts and stats.
- Email: Did you know you’re six times more likely to get a click from an email campaign than Twitter®? This is because your email list is comprised of people who are already engaged with and interested in your brand. When you publish a new piece of content, share it via email. Include a link or teaser and encourage people to share it by entering those who do into a prize draw for a promotional giveaway, like a webcam cover or phone grip.
Want to take your content marketing strategy to the next level? These five fresh tips and promotional giveaway ideas will help new audiences see your content.