Experience gifts are the gifts that keep on giving. If you’re looking to make recipients happy by giving them a gift, experiential options are growing in popularity. Experience gifts tend to be social, so the recipient not only gains the experience itself, but also a satisfying social interaction. Pair an experience gift with a tangible reminder of that experience to take your trade show promotion to the next level.
Whether you choose an experience gift to reward hardworking booth staffers, thank loyal customers or to create a memorable after-party, consider one of these five experience-based trade show gift ideas that will leave an impression long after the show.
Trade show gift ideas they’ll appreciate
- Guided tour: The majority of trade show attendees (about 75 percent) travel more than 400 miles to attend an exhibit. That being said, chances are pretty good your VIP guests haven’t visited the area’s best attractions. Whether the trade show location is known for impressive architecture, beautiful landscapes or amazing sunsets, a guided tour is sure to amaze. Sightsee with your top prospects on a chartered boat. Or view a place of interest from up high on a helicopter tour. Help them remember the experience long after it’s over with a framed photo of the occasion.
- Escape room: Forgo happy hour and opt instead for something a little more adventurous—an escape room. In an escape room, also known as a puzzle room, participants are given clues to help them solve a series of puzzles and riddles before the clock runs out. There are countless escape room themes available, ranging from space stations to pirates to prisons. Onsite or at a venue, these puzzle rooms can be a great way to have fun, strategize and bond. Whether participants succeed in their escape or not, send them on their way with a trade show gift to remind them of their experience. A survival backpack is a fitting choice.
- Paintball: Does your target audience like a little competition? If so, paintball may be a welcome after-show activity. Whether an amateur or skilled tactical expert, most will enjoy this sport. Let invitees know about the activity ahead of time so they can bring an extra set of clothing (although the paint is usually washable, a direct hit can ruin clothes). Provide logo’d team shirts for all your guests. They’ll appreciate the souvenir—and the extra layer of protection.
- Painting party: If paintball isn’t your audience’s cup of tea, consider a painting party. Host a private event at a local studio where guests can paint a canvas or piece of pottery under the direction of an expert. These events are great for groups and pair well with refreshments, hors d’oeuvres and a little creative license—artistic ability not required! Imprint your logo on stemless wine and pilsner glasses for a nice parting gift.
- Luxury for a day: VIP treatment makes a great trade show gift for top clients. Find out where your VIPs are staying, and provide them with a surprise room upgrade. Arrange delivery of a nice bottle of wine and logo’d cheese board. Provide a set of keys for a luxury rental they can drive during their stay.
Experience gifts are an up-and-coming way to show appreciation. Try one of these trade show gift ideas to wow your best customers. Pair it with a custom promotional product to create a gift recipients will remember long after the show ends.
Submit your review