The average trade show attendee spends nine hours on the floor and visits about 26 booths. Twenty of those visits are pre-planned while the remaining six spur-of-the-moment decisions.
Trade show games aren’t just fun, they are a great way to draw attention to your booth, increasing foot traffic and providing opportunities to engage visitors. For tips on succeeding with promotional trade show games, as well as a list of top trade show booth games to attract customers, keep reading.
Three keys to trade show booth games
Having a successful trade show booth means leaving nothing to chance—including having the right attention-grabbing devices like games. Here are three things to keep in mind:
- Promotion. It’s never too early to get your name out there. Send a pre-show email blast promoting the games and contests you’re planning. Include those who are expected to attend the show as well as your current customer list. Don’t forget social media!
- Participation. Engaging games are the key. Choose promotional trade show games that really get the participant involved with your brand. Put a focus on your booth staff or your company’s products or services.
- Prizes. The real prize is your company’s products or services, but rewarding visitors for participation is a must. Choose prizes that are useful and that fit with the theme of the show or your exhibit
Top trade show booth games to attract customers
- Prize wheel: Spin to win games are a very popular option. Choose a Light-Up Prize Wheel to draw extra eyes to your exhibit. You can customize the prize slots to include engaging questions about your company, products or services.
- Prize drop: Prize Drop games (similar to Plinko®) are easily recognizable and frequently attract crowds. Players simply drop their puck and watch it fall to reveal their winnings. Free product samples and discounts, as well as promotional giveaways, make great prizes.
- Putt for a prize: Hit the links with a game of Prize Putt. Novice and skilled golfers alike will enjoy taking their chance at a hole-in-one. Reward top putters with golf-inspired prizes, such as a golf bag cooler or a dozen golf balls.
- Bean bag toss: An old classic that’s easy to play is the Bean Bag Toss Game. The object is simple: get the bean bag into the hole. Visitors can play solo with one board or compete against others with two boards. The best part? You can raffle off your bean bag toss at the end of the show. It makes a wonderful grand prize!
- Trivia: Trivia, especially when it’s focused on your company, is a surefire way to get attendees engaged with your brand. Ask questions specific to your organization, industry, products and services. Reward correct answers with a prize—perhaps a tool kit or pizza cutter.
Promotional trade show games are both fun and engaging. Try one or all these fun games to attract customers at your next exhibit. Let the games begin!
Submit your review