An open house can be a great promotional tool for your small business. It allows you to introduce new products and services, network with community members and generate word-of-mouth referrals. With a little planning, you can make the most of your open house and maybe even gain a new client or two!
These tips, combined with small business promotional items, are sure to help you host a successful event.
- Date: You’ll want to give yourself plenty of time to plan, so choose your date at least a few months in advance. When deciding what day of the week to choose, consider your target audience—choose a day that is already a prime shopping day for your business. Take holidays and extended weekends into consideration. People may not want to postpone a long weekend (or cut one short) to attend your event.
- Invitations: Once you’ve decided when to hold your event, send all your contacts save-the-date emails followed by formal invitations. Encourage everyone to bring a friend or business associate, and enter those who do in a raffle for a high-end water bottle or wireless earbud and power bank combo.
- Entertainment: Nothing draws a crowd like good A talented DJ or local band can lure an audience. Or, do something a little different and hire a comedian or even a flash mob! Promote the entertainment on invitations, newsletters, your website, signage and more.
- Refreshments: Depending whom you ask, the food and beverage selection may have just as much appeal as the entertainment. Finger foods are a good choice for open houses because they allow people to stand and mingle while they eat. To free up your time, hire a catering company to take care of serving and cleaning up. A signature drink can be a nice touch, too. Guests may appreciate the secret recipe—imprint it on a logoed stone coaster that can double as a giveaway.
- Giveaways: Send every guest home with a token of thanks. Let them know they’re the key to your success with a key-shaped USB drive. Encourage them to pop by in the future with a popcorn tin. Or let them know their appearance brightens your day with a branded flashlight.
An open house can be a great way to launch new products and services, get to know members of the community and generate word-of-mouth referrals. These tips, and some small business promotional items, are sure to leave a positive impression on all who attend.