Changing technology, employee needs and a new year all create big opportunities for your organization. These three HR trends and employee giveaways can help your company get ready for 2020.
1. Remote work management
- Performance management: Help employees stay productive by tracking employee work time and doing video or phone check-ins.
- Payroll: Stay up to date on how state laws alter payroll considerations.
- Hiring and firing: Use technology to perform “in-person” interviews and have processes in place for when an employee is let go, from removing software access to retrieving the company’s digital and physical assets.
- Workplace safety: Make remote workers aware of company policies regarding their at-home workspace, data protection and travel procedures.
Employee giveaways like a checkpoint-friendly laptop bag for travel, wireless ear buds for check-in conversations and a USB drive for backing up critical files can make sure your remote employees are ready to work.
2. Analytics and automation
As more tasks become automated, HR professionals will be able to dedicate additional time to analyzing data and helping upper management make strategic decisions.
AI will also help simplify the hiring process by walking potential employees through initial assessments and evaluations.
If you start to automate some of your HR practices, share HR giveaways like a mouse pad as a reminder that employee answers are just a click away.
Turn data into decisions
Taking a closer look at available data will allow your organization to make more informed choices in a variety of areas, including:
- Compensation: Look at employee salary and benefits packages throughout your industry to ensure you’re staying competitive.
- Retention: Ask employees what they find satisfying and dissatisfying to help your organization make adjustments that will help retain staff.
- Health and injuries: Track illness and injury data to help your organization discover safety issues or prepare for staffing shortages during flu season.
3. HR will become more like marketing
As data collection becomes a bigger part of the HR process, knowing what interests potential employees about your organization will allow you to better market available positions and your company.
Use targeted keywords to create job postings and social media ads that will attract potential employees. Ask current employees to leave reviews of your organization on sites like Glassdoor®. And share employee awards or company events on social media to showcase company culture.
HR giveaways can also be used to market your employment opportunities. For example, if you’re hiring drivers, a truck magnet with ways to apply can help your employment opportunity “stick” in their mind.
Trends for a new year
These HR trends mean new opportunities for your organization. And with every marketing opportunity and employee giveaway, you’ll help your company build a better future.