When you work with promotional products everyday like we do, you get to see first hand the power they bring to the table. Customers tell me about successful product launches, award presentations, new contracts secured, direct mail campaigns with incredible response rates, recruiting fairs that exceed objectives, awareness campaigns that really work – the list goes on and on.
What are some of the common threads in each of these successes?
- The project starts with a specific objective and the product(s) chosen play a specific role in achieving that objective.
- Consideration is given to how the product will be presented. It’s the combination of the product chosen, the people, the marketing materials, the timing, etc. that take a simple product and turns into real impact.
- The product works with, or reinforces the brand. What’s your organization about? What does it stand for? What personality does it have? Successful organizations choose promotional products that ‘fit’ with their answers to these questions.
- They don’t forget to ‘block and tackle’. Often the biggest successes are the result of the most basic things. Just making sure people have your phone number handy, that you’re thanking your customers, that you make a simple attempt to recognize key employees, partners or donors is all it takes to product extraordinary results.
- They focus on making a personal, one-to-one connection with someone.
Curious as to how some of these things might apply to your organization? You might want to check out our Brand With Ten Grand contest. It’s a chance for an organization to win $10,000 in promotional products. We’ll work with the winner to help them achieve their objectives – whatever they may be. Even if you don’t want to enter, or if you do enter and don’t win, by following the contest you’ll get the chance to watch the story unfold and learn more about how the winner uses their new $10,000 budget.
I’ll bet the process will generate an idea or two that will be beneficial to you!
Submit your review