Show love with these appreciation gifts for teachers
There’s no time like the present to think about how your district can recognize teachers for all they do throughout the year. Honour the invaluable contributions teachers make to our country’s youth with these ideas and appreciation gifts for teachers.
- Host an appreciation breakfast: Organizing a nice breakfast for teachers is a great appreciation gift. The standard continental breakfast will do, but if you want to give them the royal treatment, go with a barista or an omelette chef, and take custom orders. Send teachers on their way with a gift of gratitude, such as a mug or logo’d lunch bag.
- Record a video: Pull students aside during recess or study hall and record them giving brief testimonials. Students needing inspiration can reflect on what they like most about their teacher, their favourite lessons or how their teachers make school a better place. Present videos at a student assembly or the appreciation breakfast. Teachers may like to keep their gift on a logo’d USB drive.
- Snap a photo: They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so take a class photograph as an appreciation gift for teachers. Organize a photo-op during recess or before or after school. Present the picture in a frame imprinted with the school logo and year. Have students sign the back as an added touch!
- Give ‘em a break: Arrange for the principal or support staff to take over class for an hour to give teachers a break. Use this time to express appreciation for teachers by having students write thank-you notes. Teachers will be grateful for the extra time away, but they’ll especially love coming back to a heartfelt thank-you gift.
- Satisfy their sweet tooth: Not into the sentimental stuff? Go sweet. Imprint a thank-you message on a Snack Attack Jar to show your staff the love!
- Provide a little pampering: Go all-out for teachers—hire a massage therapist for the day (one who travels with a chair, of course). Set up shop in the teachers’ lounge and invite staff to get a free chair massage during prep or break time. You may even want to raffle off spa kits for those who participate.
There are countless other appreciation gifts for teachers. Choose one of these, or one of your own, to show thanks and gratitude to your district’s educators.
Submit your review